Works News Office
Name:Östra kyrkogården
Type:, Culture/Public
Location:Malmö, Sweden
Johan Celsing arkitektkontor have been in charge of the reconstruction work of the canopies outside the chapels of St Knut and St Gertrud at the Eastern Cemetery in Malmö. Originally designed by Sigurd Lewerentz and built in 1943, the canopies which have been dismantled for several years, are now reconstructed.

Most of the original marble of the roofs have been reused as well as other details of the canopies. The original drawings, today in the ArkDes, the Swedish Museum of Architecture, have been meticuously adhered to with only a few minimal adjustments that relate to Lewerentz own adjustments in the 1950s.

Completed 2015.
Login - All contents © Celsing